Always dreamt of trying your hand at a startup?
Want to work at a place where you’re constantly learning new skills, challenged to break new boundaries, and talking about video games every day while surrounded by a great team of like-minded entrepreneurs? Raptr, the leading community for gamers with over 40 million users, could be the place for you!
Check out our open positions below and submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please also paste a copy of your resume directly in the body of the email.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented engineer to be the main interface between our developers and production operators. As the Site Reliability Engineer, you hold the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex web systems are healthy, monitored, automated and designed to scale. You have a strong background as an operations generalist and you excel in understanding different software applications and troubleshooting problems in a production environment.
- Own uptime and reliability of raptr.com and plays.tv
- Be a domain expert in operating our core applications such as haproxy, apache, hadoop, cassandra, mysql, etc.
- Implement software to make our applications self healing as much as possible in case of failure
- Identify areas of improvement and implement new ways to deploy new code to production in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner
- Enhance our existing monitoring tools and set-up new monitoring, graphs, and alerts as new features are launched to ensure uptime and reliability
- Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans
- Debug and troubleshoot when issues occur in production
- On-call 24×7 and be an escalation contact for service incidents
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Ability to code in python, perl, PHP, and bash
- Experience running a large scale web application
- Strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux(CentOS,RedHat) and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Ability to automate mundane system tasks with scripting
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything
- Ability to fine tune our applications to maximize performance
- Experience with configuration management systems but not limited to Chef, Puppet, Cfengine
- Knowledge of basic large-scale internet service architectures (such as load balancing, LAMP, CDN’s)
- Possess excellent communications skills and very detail-oriented
As the Director of Marketing, you will drive strategy and execution to optimize marketing initiatives, promotional plans, and campaign performance. The ideal candidate is results-driven, detail-oriented, and possess a strong understanding of the PC gaming space and social media industry. In order to be successful, you must have the ability to partner with multiple teams and process analytics and consumer insights into clear business and product strategy.
- Execute promotional strategy with the goal of maximizing promotional efficacy and manage marketing activities across Raptr and Plays.tv
- Partner with multiple teams across the organization to develop compelling, differentiated campaigns to optimize customer engagement
- Assist the team in planning and scheduling marketing campaigns, tradeshows, conferences, industry meetings, etc.
- Act as a primary contact to address questions and inquiries regarding market related activities
- Improve marketing strategies by carefully monitoring analytics, identifying best practices, managing collateral and liaising with all relevant functional business groups
- Develop a deep understanding of user behavior and customer segments through web analytics
- Recommend marketing techniques and tactics based on changing business demands
- Drive innovative and creative marketing approaches for user and revenue growth
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a consumer technology-oriented product company
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the gaming and/or social media industry
- Ability to develop and execute digital and non-digital marketing campaigns with clear metrics that can be measured and assessed for ROI
- Must be flexible, innovative, and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage inter-departmental and cross- functional efforts
- Requires a strong work ethic, technical aptitude, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills
We are looking for a highly motivated Product Manager to join our team of passionate thinkers and problem solvers. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience leading product exploration and definition within fast-paced businesses that deliver consumer-facing products and services. You understand the problem that we are solving and know what is required to measure the success of our efforts. You thrive in an individual contributor role, but enjoy partnering with folks from across the organization. Come join Raptr!
- Be a champion for the consumer and user experience
- Pitch product innovation and enhancements that align to Raptr goals
- Assist in aligning priorities and developing the product roadmap/backlog
- Define features & processes: Own the exploration to PRD process, partnering with the design team to incorporate wireframes and visual states.
- Manage sprint kick off process and support ongoing daily workflow of designers and engineers.
- Partner with Marketing and other business functions to improve customer messaging channels and tools.
- 5+ years of product management experience in consumer software
- Strong oral and written communication skills; extremely attentive to detail
- Ability to work independently while maintaining alignment with leadership team
- BA/BS and previous startup experience a plus
We are looking for an outstanding, highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
The ideal profile is someone who has experience building large-scale web sites and enjoys collaborating with small-sized teams. You can write high quality code, have excellent communication skills, love solving complex problems, and are also looking to provide a voice in product design and direction.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must be intimately familiar with MySQL and NoSQL systems. Ideally, will have experience with Cassandra and Hadoop/Hive.
- Ability to write solid code (PHP and Python, primarily)
- 3+ years of experience in design & development of commercial web applications. Experience in design implementation of large scale, high traffic consumer-facing portals is a huge plus.
- Knowing the trade off between server side performance and features. Having the ability to come up with innovative solutions to scalability and performance problems
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- Experience with the LAMP stack, particularly PHP5.
- Experience with Active MQ or equivalent or strong understanding of queueing technologies and strategies.
- Familiarity with Memcached and caching strategies.
- Experience in building or working on a metrics / analytics / business intelligence system.
- Experience in object oriented (OO) design & programming.
- Creative thinker who thrives in a small-team environment.
- Good sense of humor
- Passion for the gaming industry is a huge plus.
The ideal candidate has strong experience building desktop applications. You write high quality, tight and efficient code; know what it takes to ship a solid application to millions of users, and how to support those users; have excellent communication skills, love solving complex problems, and are also looking to provide a voice in product design and direction.
- 5+ years of experience in design & development of desktop applications
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Experienced in programming C/C++ or Python
- Tools / Frontend GUI development
- Experience in object oriented design & programming
- Creative thinker who thrives in a small-team environment
- Avid PC gamer
- Qt development experience
- Experience with agile development
Working at Raptr
As a company that’s focused on creating great experiences for gamers, we’re surrounded by games and gamers. We’ve got a corner filled with classic arcade games, an Xbox 360 and PS3 hooked up to a big plasma screen TV, and even a ping pong table that gets regular use (not all games have to be video games!) The kitchen is always stocked with all sorts of caffeinated beverages, and a bevy of snacks to keep you going throughout the day. And of course there’s the kegerator that pours great beer and comes in handy after putting in a good day of work.
For any full-time job with Raptr (we’re located in Mountain View, CA), we provide great healthcare benefits (100% health benefits for the employee and 50% for your spouse and any dependents) and stock options in a well-funded, growing private company.