Always dreamt of trying your hand at a startup?
Want to work at a place where you’re constantly learning new skills, challenged to break new boundaries, and talking about video games every day while surrounded by a great team of like-minded entrepreneurs? Raptr, the leading community for gamers with over 20 million users, could be the place for you!
Check out our open positions below and submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please also paste a copy of your resume directly in the body of the email.
Raptr is looking for an engineer to work on recommendations using machine learning.
Raptr helps PC gamers by removing the hassle involved with tweaking a game’s settings to make it run well and look great. We recommend optimal settings so that gamers get the best experience possible for whatever hardware they have.
We’re looking for people who can effectively use data to solve problems. You should look forward to tackling difficult challenges and to being a pioneer in this field. You’ll have the opportunity to work with industry leaders to deliver solutions for millions of active users.
- Discover and implement the appropriate supervised learning models to solve a given problem
- Tune models to improve accuracy after observing real-world performance
- Improve the feature extraction process
- Work with other engineers to incorporate your solutions into a constantly evolving recommendations engine serving millions of users
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with implementing machine learning or other forms of mathematical modeling
- Understand how data quantity and data quality influences the effectiveness of a model
- Must be able to analyze training data to determine which samples will be useful and which ones will be misleading
- Programming experience and an understanding of algorithms (computation time, storage requirements, real-world feasibility)
- Familiarity with modern PC game engines, popular rendering techniques, and modern computer hardware (especially GPU architecture) is a huge plus
- Experience with big data (eg. hadoop / map-reduce) and Linux development is a plus
- Experience with server-side website development is a plus
Raptr is looking for a superstar QA Analyst/Engineer (focusing on Client testing). At Raptr we’re very proud of our gaming driven client, and we need someone to join our small QA group to drive the quality of the client portion of our product offering.
In this position you’ll be working directly with our engineering and product team to not only come up with the cleanest product possible, but also to help with the decision making that is involved when compromising between UX and Technology.
Raptr QA is a mostly manual testing group, although we do pride ourselves in being the product experts. That being said, familiarity with reading and understanding code is a huge benefit.
- Own parts of the QA of the client project.
- Work closely with Product Owners, Engineers and others to gather, document, and test the application against project requirements, ensuring the application under test meets the customers expectation.
- Clearly document and track bugs as they occur, and communicate their state throughout development.
- Help develop Automation tests, feature test plans, regression test plans
- Participate in Scrum/Agile framework meetings.
- A gamer. This will come up several times in the interview process.
- 5+ years experience testing clients in a gaming environment
- Strong Windows OS based testing
- Four-year college degree or equivalent on-the-job experience
- Highly self-motivated, and energetic
- Ability to retain a large amount of information, and should be able to logically communicate or apply it.
- Strong/clear verbal and written communication
- Both a team player as well as a strong, independent contributor
- Be a Gamer. We want to make a great, clean product for gamers, because we’re gamers.
Raptr is looking for a talented Data Engineer to help manage our data warehouse infrastructure and lead the data investigation of complex business and product questions. As a Data Engineer at Raptr, you will work with the business analyst team to define strategic analytical requirements and lead the design and implementation of technologies that will help answer critical questions in a metrics-driven manner.
- Leverage existing or implement new tools for dashboard and data reporting
- Act as the gatekeeper to make sure that data gets stored and tracked properly
- Collect, analyze, and present actionable data to drive marketing, business development and product management decisions at a senior level.
- Design, implement, and support a platform that can provide structured and ad-hoc access to large datasets.
- Employ data mining, segmentation, and other analytical techniques to capture important trends in the customer base.
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, Pig
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Expert bash, python, php scripter
- CS or equivalent background
- 3+ years of previous experience
- Startup and gaming experience is a big plus
As a Frontend UI Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing Raptr’s user-facing applications on the web. We’re looking for individuals with solid, deep web UI development skills and experience, have an eye for clean and elegant interfaces, who are competitive yet collaborative, and have an interest in gaming.
- 2+ years of experience in developing web applictions.
- Significant experience in developing AJAX-enabled web applications.
- Experience in coding standards-compliant semantic markup in XHTML/CSS, priding yourself in using best practices when writing clean, optimized code.
- Experience developing in an OOP and MVC architecture.
- Experience in building end consumer web applications in PHP.
- Strong interest in PC games.
We are looking for an outstanding, highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
The ideal profile is someone who has experience building large-scale web sites and enjoys collaborating with small-sized teams. You can write high quality code, have excellent communication skills, love solving complex problems, and are also looking to provide a voice in product design and direction.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must be intimately familiar with MySQL and NoSQL systems. Ideally, will have experience with Cassandra and Hadoop/Hive.
- Ability to write solid code (PHP and Python, primarily)
- 3+ years of experience in design & development of commercial web applications. Experience in design implementation of large scale, high traffic consumer-facing portals is a huge plus.
- Knowing the trade off between server side performance and features. Having the ability to come up with innovative solutions to scalability and performance problems
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- Experience with the LAMP stack, particularly PHP5.
- Experience with Active MQ or equivalent or strong understanding of queueing technologies and strategies.
- Familiarity with Memcached and caching strategies.
- Experience in building or working on a metrics / analytics / business intelligence system.
- Experience in object oriented (OO) design & programming.
- Creative thinker who thrives in a small-team environment.
- Good sense of humor
- Passion for the gaming industry is a huge plus.
We are looking for an outstanding, highly motivated Senior Desktop App Engineer to join our team.
The ideal candidate has strong experience building desktop applications. You write high quality, tight and efficient code; know what it takes to ship a solid application to millions of users, and how to support those users; have excellent communication skills, love solving complex problems, and are also looking to provide a voice in product design and direction.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Ability to write solid code in Python (being capable in C/C++ in addition is a plus)
- Have written, shipped, and supported a consumer PC application written in either wxWidgets or Qt (wxPython / pyQt is a big plus)
- 3+ years of experience in design & development of desktop applications
- Understanding of the trade-offs between performance, memory utilization, and features
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions to deliver functionality as tight and lean as possible
- Strong computer science fundamentals (we mean it, and we’ll test for it!)
- Familiarity with the LAMP stack, particularly PHP5
- Experience in object oriented design & programming
- Creative thinker who thrives in a small-team environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- Passion for the gaming industry is a huge plus
Working at Raptr
As a company that’s focused on creating great experiences for gamers, we’re surrounded by games and gamers. We’ve got a corner filled with classic arcade games, an Xbox 360 and PS3 hooked up to a big plasma screen TV, and even a ping pong table that gets regular use (not all games have to be video games!) The kitchen is always stocked with all sorts of caffeinated beverages, and a bevy of snacks to keep you going throughout the day. And of course there’s the kegerator that pours great beer and comes in handy after putting in a good day of work.
For any full-time job with Raptr (we’re located in Mountain View, CA), we provide great healthcare benefits (100% health benefits for the employee and 50% for your spouse and any dependents) and stock options in a well-funded, growing private company.