Always dreamt of trying your hand at a startup?
Want to work at a place where you’re constantly learning new skills, challenged to break new boundaries, and talking about video games every day while surrounded by a great team of like-minded entrepreneurs? Raptr, the leading community for gamers with over 40 million users, could be the place for you!
Check out our open positions below and submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also paste a copy of your resume directly in the body of the email.
As a User Experience Designer at Raptr, you’ll work collaboratively within the Design team on various disciplines of user experience, including user research, information architecture, interaction design, content, analytics, and accessibility. This includes advocating and leading a user-centered discovery process, as well as delivering concepts and prototypes that will improve the experience of Plays.tv and Raptr.
- Design and document the interaction of the user experience for desktop and web-based interfaces, applying standard user-centered design guidelines and techniques
- Develop detailed use cases, user workflows, and user interface requirements and specifications utilizing user stories, context scenarios, journey mapping, wireframes and other design deliverables
- Create visual designs and graphical assets for user interfaces for a variety of platforms including desktop, web, and mobile
- Design and implement methods that provide development teams and business stakeholders an understanding of the needs and behavioral traits of end users
- Collaborate with product management to define product requirements, markets, and users by participating in competitive analysis, user research, and developing personas
- 3+ years of experience in user-centered design and development
- Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, design, cognitive science, communication technologies, information science, or related area of study
- Experience applying user-centered design methods such as user research, personas, information architecture, wireframing, rapid prototyping, and usability testing
- Demonstrated experience working on desktop, web-based, and mobile applications
- Proficiency with prototyping tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, and Photoshop
** Please provide a professional portfolio of recent and past work **
The Director of User Experience is responsible for leading Raptr’s User Experience Design group. In this role, you will report to the VP of Product. The ideal candidate is a hands-on director capable of designing product features while managing and mentoring a team. You understand the fundamentals of user-centered design, having solid visual and interaction skills, as well as the ability to conduct appropriate user research. You are the user experience champion that will help shape and inform the overall product strategy.
- Lead great end-to-end UX and product development process – research, brainstorming, iterative design, test, and refine
- Define and execute the UX strategy and vision for multiple digital product experiences
- Manage and load-balance projects between team members and mentor UX designers to deliver seamless user experiences across desktop, web, and mobile
- Identify opportunities to improve the product by leading user research and usability testing
- Apply appropriate research and analytic framework to evaluate and iterate on product features
- Collaborate with Product Managers to develop and refine product requirements and with engineers to ensure designs are properly implemented
- Work closely with the VP of Product to prioritize key UX initiatives and identify metrics that measure the success of each
- 10+ years of progressive UX/UI design experience in software, web, and mobile environments
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, interaction design, or equivalent work experience
- Hybrid visual and interaction designer with a track record of shipping amazing product experiences
- Experience designing for multiple platforms, including web, desktop client, and mobile
- Possess a human-centered design approach with exorbitant amount of customer empathy
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex problems in developing holistic solutions for product ecosystems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially as they relate to presenting, articulating, and defending research and design decisions
** Please provide a professional portfolio of recent and past work **
We are looking for an exceptionally talented engineer to be the main interface between our developers and production operators. As the Site Reliability Engineer, you hold the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex web systems are healthy, monitored, automated and designed to scale. You have a strong background as an operations generalist and you excel in understanding different software applications and troubleshooting problems in a production environment.
- Own uptime and reliability of raptr.com and plays.tv
- Be a domain expert in operating our core applications such as haproxy, apache, hadoop, cassandra, mysql, etc.
- Implement software to make our applications self healing as much as possible in case of failure
- Identify areas of improvement and implement new ways to deploy new code to production in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner
- Enhance our existing monitoring tools and set-up new monitoring, graphs, and alerts as new features are launched to ensure uptime and reliability
- Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans
- Debug and troubleshoot when issues occur in production
- On-call 24×7 and be an escalation contact for service incidents
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Ability to code in python, perl, PHP, and bash
- Experience running a large scale web application
- Strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux(CentOS,RedHat) and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Ability to automate mundane system tasks with scripting
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything
- Ability to fine tune our applications to maximize performance
- Experience with configuration management systems but not limited to Chef, Puppet, Cfengine
- Knowledge of basic large-scale internet service architectures (such as load balancing, LAMP, CDN’s)
- Possess excellent communications skills and very detail-oriented
As the Director of Marketing, you will drive strategy and execution to optimize marketing initiatives, promotional plans, and campaign performance. The ideal candidate is results-driven, detail-oriented, and possess a strong understanding of the PC gaming space and social media industry. In order to be successful, you must have the ability to partner with multiple teams and process analytics and consumer insights into clear business and product strategy.
- Execute promotional strategy with the goal of maximizing promotional efficacy and manage marketing activities across Raptr and Plays.tv
- Partner with multiple teams across the organization to develop compelling, differentiated campaigns to optimize customer engagement
- Assist the team in planning and scheduling marketing campaigns, tradeshows, conferences, industry meetings, etc.
- Act as a primary contact to address questions and inquiries regarding market related activities
- Improve marketing strategies by carefully monitoring analytics, identifying best practices, managing collateral and liaising with all relevant functional business groups
- Develop a deep understanding of user behavior and customer segments through web analytics
- Recommend marketing techniques and tactics based on changing business demands
- Drive innovative and creative marketing approaches for user and revenue growth
- Must be enthusiastic and passionate about games. Must be a PC gamer!
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a consumer technology-oriented product company
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the gaming and/or social media industry
- Ability to develop and execute digital and non-digital marketing campaigns with clear metrics that can be measured and assessed for ROI
- Must be flexible, innovative, and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage inter-departmental and cross- functional efforts
- Requires a strong work ethic, technical aptitude, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills
We are looking for an outstanding, highly motivated Software Engineer to join our team.
The ideal profile is someone who has experience building large-scale web sites and enjoys collaborating with small-sized teams. You can write high quality code, have excellent communication skills, love solving complex problems, and are also looking to provide a voice in product design and direction.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must be intimately familiar with MySQL and NoSQL systems. Ideally, will have experience with Cassandra and Hadoop/Hive.
- Ability to write solid code (PHP and Python, primarily)
- 2+ years of experience in design & development of commercial web applications. Experience in design implementation of large scale, high traffic consumer-facing portals is a huge plus.
- Knowing the trade off between server side performance and features. Having the ability to come up with innovative solutions to scalability and performance problems
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- Experience with the LAMP stack, particularly PHP5.
- Experience with Active MQ or equivalent or strong understanding of queueing technologies and strategies.
- Familiarity with Memcached and caching strategies.
- Experience in building or working on a metrics / analytics / business intelligence system.
- Experience in object oriented (OO) design & programming.
- Creative thinker who thrives in a small-team environment.
- Good sense of humor
- Passion for the gaming industry is a huge plus.
Working at Raptr
As a company that’s focused on creating great experiences for gamers, we’re surrounded by games and gamers. We’ve got a corner filled with classic arcade games, an Xbox 360 and PS3 hooked up to a big plasma screen TV, and even a ping pong table that gets regular use (not all games have to be video games!) The kitchen is always stocked with all sorts of caffeinated beverages, and a bevy of snacks to keep you going throughout the day. And of course there’s the kegerator that pours great beer and comes in handy after putting in a good day of work.
For any full-time job with Raptr (we’re located in Mountain View, CA), we provide great healthcare benefits (100% health benefits for the employee and 50% for your spouse and any dependents) and stock options in a well-funded, growing private company.