Always dreamt of trying your hand at a startup?
Want to work at a place where you’re constantly learning new skills, challenged to break new boundaries, and talking about video games every day while surrounded by a great team of like-minded entrepreneurs? Raptr, the leading community for gamers with over 40 million users, could be the place for you!
Check out our open positions below and submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also paste a copy of your resume directly in the body of the email.
Raptr is seeking a forward-thinking experienced engineer to join the Site Operations Team. Raptr is a social platform with millions of users world-wide and site up-time is extremely important to us. The ideal candidate is someone who has hands-on experience operating a mission critical product at a datacenter with 100+ machines. You are a jack of all trades: having racked, stacked, imaged machines at the datacenter to knowing how to debug hardware and networks when they fail. You have strong experience in systems and network architecture and have demonstrated experience troubleshooting and debugging in stressful environments. You enjoy building self-healing systems through scripting and automation and you ensure that the infrastructure is monitored properly via various tools.
This position is full-time and will be based in Mountain View, CA.
- Continue to help scale our infrastructure by adding new hardware to our datacenter and perform maintenance on existing systems
- Utilize internal tools and scripts to configure and monitor servers and network equipment
- Be the first line of defense when production issues occur
- Develop automation and utilize frameworks to scale both protection and mitigation tools
- Help test and troubleshoot new server hardware components and designs
- On-call 24×7 and be an escalation contact for service incidents
- 4 – 6 years of relevant industry experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Solid industrial experience working with Linux (Red Hat/CentOS) or similar
- Solid Perl, Python, and shell scripting knowledge
- Configuration and maintenance of common tools and applications such as kickstart, PXE, IPMI
- Experience setting and creating monitoring checks for hardware and software
- Hands on experience with routers, firewalls and managed switches
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem solving abilities under pressure
- Should be experienced in large scale data center hardware deployments and building scaling infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to lift/move 30 – 40 lbs equipment
- 25% travel required to our local datacenter
- Hands on experience with the LAMP stack
- Experience with open source solutions such as haproxy, cassandra, hadoop, memcache
- Experience with routing and switching technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, STP, VLAN, VRRP, BGP
- Experience with monitoring softwares such as MRTG, Munin, Nagios and/or Ganglia
- Understanding of fiber-optic technology including cable types, connector types, optic types, patch panels, and optical transport technologies
- Advocate analytical rigor across the organization to guide key decision making
- Strong SQL development experience; ability to understand SQL code and design validation scenarios
- Meet regularly with Executive team to present your analysis and forecasting
- Build and maintain actionable models and KPI dashboards for all Raptr products and features
- Partner closely with product team to assist in feature pre-production and post-launch performance measurement
- Partner and develop strong relationships with cross functional teams
- Develop strong hypotheses and solve problems both collaboratively and independently
- 2+ years experience in a quantitative/analytical role or equivalent
- B.S. in Finance, Economics, Applied Math, Statistics or other quantitative field
- Expert skills with SQL, Excel, and other statistical tools
- Comfortable working with very large data sets
- Strong oral and written communication skills; extremely attentive to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience in big data, gaming, mobile applications, consulting, or business/financial analysis
- Demonstrated capacity for being scrappy and entrepreneurial
We are looking for an outstanding, highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
The ideal profile is someone who has experience building large-scale web sites and enjoys collaborating with small-sized teams. You can write high quality code, have excellent communication skills, love solving complex problems, and are also looking to provide a voice in product design and direction.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must be intimately familiar with MySQL and NoSQL systems. Ideally, will have experience with Cassandra and Hadoop/Hive.
- Ability to write solid code (PHP and Python, primarily)
- 3+ years of experience in design & development of commercial web applications. Experience in design implementation of large scale, high traffic consumer-facing portals is a huge plus.
- Knowing the trade off between server side performance and features. Having the ability to come up with innovative solutions to scalability and performance problems
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- Experience with the LAMP stack, particularly PHP5.
- Experience with Active MQ or equivalent or strong understanding of queueing technologies and strategies.
- Familiarity with Memcached and caching strategies.
- Experience in building or working on a metrics / analytics / business intelligence system.
- Experience in object oriented (OO) design & programming.
- Creative thinker who thrives in a small-team environment.
- Good sense of humor
- Passion for the gaming industry is a huge plus.
The ideal candidate has strong experience building desktop applications. You write high quality, tight and efficient code; know what it takes to ship a solid application to millions of users, and how to support those users; have excellent communication skills, love solving complex problems, and are also looking to provide a voice in product design and direction.
- 5+ years of experience in design & development of desktop applications
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Experienced in programming C/C++ or Python
- Tools / Frontend GUI development
- Experience in object oriented design & programming
- Creative thinker who thrives in a small-team environment
- Avid PC gamer
- Qt development experience
- Experience with agile development
Working at Raptr
As a company that’s focused on creating great experiences for gamers, we’re surrounded by games and gamers. We’ve got a corner filled with classic arcade games, an Xbox 360 and PS3 hooked up to a big plasma screen TV, and even a ping pong table that gets regular use (not all games have to be video games!) The kitchen is always stocked with all sorts of caffeinated beverages, and a bevy of snacks to keep you going throughout the day. And of course there’s the kegerator that pours great beer and comes in handy after putting in a good day of work.
For any full-time job with Raptr (we’re located in Mountain View, CA), we provide great healthcare benefits (100% health benefits for the employee and 50% for your spouse and any dependents) and stock options in a well-funded, growing private company.